A lot can happen in one day. All of us wear many hats, we might not even notice all these hats anymore or be conscious of the fast pace we might change these hats. Sometimes, we forget HOW much and WHAT happens, because it has become routine. When we don’t pay attention, we can lose perspective.
In this challenge, you will slow your day down by documenting your professional and (if you feel comfortable) your personal life for your readers in a blog post. The challenge gives you the freedom to experiment with various media to share A Day in Your Life.
- Snap a photo every hour, from the moment you wake up until you go to sleep. Add captions to each image to let your readers know what time it was and what was going on.
- Take as many images during the day as you wish, Pick the best pictures which give your readers a sense of a day in your life and post them on your blog.
- Create a photo collage (comic strips) about your day, add speech bubbles to give your readers and explanation what the are seeing. You could use PicCollage or ComicLife.
- Create an infographic or visual graphic by using Piktochart or Canva to create a timeline, overview, percentage of time spent on specific task/responsibilities
- Record video clips of ONE second throughout the day. Connect each video clip in chronological order to a final movie. You could use the One Second Everyday app or something similar.
- Record video segments of strategic moments during your day, add your voice by explaining what your viewers are seeing
- Write a narrative story about your day in first or third person
- Have some fun by writing about your day from the perspective of your shoe, purse, cell phone or another object that you have with you throughout the day.
- Record a “soundseeing” tour of your day. Record your voice and narrate what you see and what it means. You can use apps, such as audiomemo or VoiceMemos on your iPhone
- Ask someone else to help you record a podcast episode and interview you as you share the most important parts of your day and your work
Leave a link to your A Day in Your Life blog post in the comment section below.
- A Day in the Life of a 21st Century Learning Specialist (text & visuals)
- What Does it Mean to be an Technology Integration Facilitator (text & visuals)
- A Day in the Life of an High School English Teacher (text)
- A Day in the Life of a Connected Educator (with infographic)
- A Day in the Life of a Museum Educator (video)
- A Day in the Life of a Mommy (text and photos and link to previously written “Day in the Life” post connecting to changes in life)
- A Day in the Life of a Homeschool Mom (text)
Back to the Blogging Challenge